Friday, November 28, 2008

Michelle Obama: 21st century style icon


And while we are talking about the Obamas…What did everyone think of Michelle’s choice of a Narcisco Rodriguez fiery red and black dress hot off the runway? I have to say, while it was a tad confusing and eyecatching it is so refreshing to se her taking risks. She will definitely add some much needed flavor to boring ol’ Washington, DC. My friend Emily blogged on the matter, check it out here.

I love Michelle’s way of making simple outfit concepts funky. She isn't afraid of color, and certainly isn't confined to the old pants suit or plain dress. What I've been loving is her apparent love broaches, which add flair to her great taste. Here are some highlights:
Can't wait to watch her become a style icon over the next few years. Also can't wait to watch precious Malia and Sasha grow up...

1 comment:

claire Bartholomew said...

I agree politics just opened a fashion window. I bet designers and PR's are going nuts trying to dress her for the big inauguration day..