Thursday, February 12, 2009

Girl crushes

Just taking a moment to highlight some girls who have been getting it right lately. Whether this can be attributed to their great taste or great genetics, they are just plain enviable.

In my mind Diane Kruger can do no wrong. I think her taste is impeccable (she dates Pacey!!), and I have literally never seen her make a fashion mistake. She loves classic looks with slight twists, a la this floral Nina Rocci look and this sophisticated yet youthful Chanel suit. Also, Diane is in her mid-thirties (same age as Kate Moss) and her skin and body look flawless. Girl crush.


Speaking of girl crushes, I think Bar Rafaeli might be the one. I sat next to her on the subway once, and I remember being struck by the combination of her exotic her Israeli accent and gorgeous face (without a stick of makeup). Girl has been everywhere promoting her Sports Illustrated cover, and while she doesn't dress super interesting, she doesn't need to cause her perfect tan, aqua eyes, subtle freckles, and sick curves speak volumes.

Not only have the Sports Illustrated crew been promoting tirelessly this week, but the Victoria's Secret Angels have been hosting a bunch of events too. Adriana Lima and Doutzen Krous hosted an event at the Bowery Hotel last night and I thought Isabeli Fontana looked amazing. This is an outfit that I would love to wear out to dinner and drinks on a Saturday night, although her legs are part of what makes the look so hot. The icing on the cake is fringed Balmain boots- I need a pair!

If we are going to talk about flawless girls I have to mention my thing for Lily Donaldson. I think her face might actually fit the exact scientific characteristics that define beauty. Usually we see her styled to the max in magazine and on runways, but here she is at a AmFar/Fashion Week party last night looking so gorgeous in an evening gown, and two others of her perfectly thrown together M.O.D looks (Model Off Duty).



Ok secretly, I want to give some credit to Whitney...yes, Whitney Port from The Hills and now from The City. Obviously both shows are worse than bad, with hardly anything more than preplanned conversations, head tilts, and blinking happening in each episode. I think we can all agree though that Whitney always looks super cute, and ever since she moved to New York she has only gotten cuter! I'll confess that I have been downloading and watching each new epp weekly, and am finding that it is Whitney's outfits that keep me coming back for more. Here are two wintery street snaps of her walking around Manhattan. Not sure what is going on with those leggings (sparkles?), but I like. And the leopard print coat reminds me both of Kate Moss and of my cousin Hilary (who has been rocking a similar one for a decade).


That's all for now!

4 comments:

Boy From China said...

Hey,who are you?
Are you a super model?
You look so pretty!

Tom said...

AKD,

You might be insane, but i think you are pretty bad ass. And you're funny.

cousin t

Tom said...

one more thing -

please tell me you know Angel From China.

scary.

Anonymous said...

anna is a supermodel from NYC.

she is also my lover.

my girl crush: sienna miller.