Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Loving: Sienna Miller

Sienna, Sienna, Sienna. Even her name is sexy, not to mention her tanned stems, tousled blonde locks and lightly freckled nose. Believe me it took a long time to be sold on the actress. She used to actually irritate me, and I guess I just wasn't into the boho thing and didn't really know what all the fuss surrounding her was about. As for her mentions in weeklies, I never paid much attention.

When my boyfriend saw Alfie he proclaimed Sienna to be "the best" (I'm sitting right here, honey!), and I scoffed at him, but I think jealousy was just keeping me from seeing what he saw. What finally convinced me wasn't the side of her revealed in Alfie (for those who have seen it I'm referring to the topless kitchen scene) but rather her style, which I think has reached a new level in the last few weeks. Sienna has been hoping around country-to-country promoting G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra and has wowed me day after day with her effortless Kain tees, Chloe and Isabel Marant booties and adorable patterned frocks.

Now she has settled into New York for longer than a minute as she prepares for her Broadway appearance in the play "After Miss Julie.” The blonde beauty has been snapped on the streets nearly every day looking urban chic from head to toe.

At the New York premiere of The September Issue, Sienna opted for a super short and sassy light blue Thakoon dress, which she paired with chandelier earrings, a Bottega Veneta clutch and metallic Jimmy Choos. While usually I get irritated when people wear sunnies at night, I thought her signature retro shades added an offbeat touch to the look. And hey, if I had hundreds of flash bulbs in my face I might use the same remedy.

She bared those enviable legs again the other day in a Twenty8Twelve skirt, nautical tank and Rupert Sanderson brogues. The finishing touch was the Prada Saffiano and Tessuto Tote, which she has been carrying around NYC as she dashes between appointments. I'm totally going to be picturing this look when heading out shopping on a sunny Saturday in spring (note to self: splurge on the cute, white brogues I've been eyeing).

I think it is safe to say that Sienna is back (although I'm not sure she ever left), and while I like her for different reasons than my boyfriend, she has a place on my list of girl crushes.

1 comment:

mary said...

my crush has never faded! she's up there with Dianne Kruger, and you KNOW that's a hard spot to get to. Did you see her spread in Interview? SOO GOOD