Monday, September 15, 2008

Nobody ever fed me

Kate Moss, who rarely opens up in interviews, reveals a lot to the latest issue of Interview magazine, including that she is aware that she was too skinny in her heroin-chic hay-day. She says:
"I was never anorexic, but I remember thinking, 'I don't want to be this skinny.' When I was doing shows and flying economy, nobody ever fed me. Or I'd be staying in hotels so cheap that by the time I'd get in, there wasn't any room service...I didn't eat for a long time. You'd be on shoots with bad food or get on a plane, and the food would be so disgusting you couldn't eat it. I remember standing up in the bath one day, and there was a mirror in front of me, and I was so thin! I hated it. I never liked being that skinny."Now, everyone knows that I LOVE Kate, but how funny is it that she blames others for not feeding her! I love it. Kate is so fascinating because in one sense she is a revolutionary. She embodied so much about the 1990s and has seamlessly crossed over into this decade as the leader in what is chic and cool. But despite that fact that she is a leader today, she used to have this quality of being a malleable muse. I think it was this quality that made her such an unbelievably effective model. So did society and circumstance create Kate Moss? Or did Kate forever change society? It is those deep questions I leave you with today...!

ps- had to add this, which i just saw on style.com

1 comment:

Stephanie Deutsch said...

Well, it's nice to know that you are not too skinny and that you would never be tempted to say that no one ever fed you! At least I hope not...One Who Knows...