Monday, October 13, 2008

In case you were curious..


I got my absentee ballot today! Quite exciting. I thought I had screwed up my registration, so I was very pleased to receive it in the mail. The registration asked for my "last residence in the US" so I put New York. But they actually meant the last place I was registered to vote, which was Boston. Well, at least that is what I thought when I checked to see if I was my registration had gone through and I found that I hadn't. So, I reregistered using my Boston address, mailed in my form. And then two days later I got my New York County of King's (Brooklyn) ballot...so I guess I am all sorted. Anyway, I was always curious about mysterious absintee ballots, so if you are too then check it out. And no, it didn't come with an "I Voted" sticker. Im missing out! But Im still ahead of the game, Ill fill in the bubbles and send it in tomorrow.

1 comment:

Emily Colette Wilkinson said...

hey, hey, Anna-K,

A few things we have in common: absentee ballots from Kings County (I am still, after 7 years, a registered voter of NY), and a newfound love of one pieces!
http://bp3.blogger.com/_PjXiS18CEmk/SFsqXesJTxI/AAAAAAAAArM/ZBAEdPnwXKI/s1600-h/anthrosuit.JPG