Thursday, October 9, 2008

A tale of two Saturdays


It seems the weeks are going by so quickly since I moved here. I feel like it is always the weekend, which is a very good thing. All the weekends are sort of blending together..Here are two events that stand out from the last two weeks.

Two Saturdays ago Mario took me on a fabulous lunch date to one of Sydney’s most iconic spots- Icebergs. I think lunch dates are underrated and was very impressed with his idea. Icebergs itself is impressive; it is situated on the cliffs at the Southern end of Bondi Beach with panoramic views. We spent a deliciously decadent four and a half hours- we didn’t leave the restaurant until 5:30. Upon sitting down I had a Bellini, then we split mussels in a Neapolitan sauce for a starter. For our main we had a steak-for-two with a side of whole and mashed brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. The steak was served with chimichurri sauce, which was a bit on unexpected but took the meal to a new level. Of course we had a bottle of red wine with the steak. I was so bummed that I was too stuffed for dessert, but a coffee sufficed. Our food coma was so severe that we had to have a digestive cocktail in the beautiful bar before stumbling home.food coma....

Switching gears, last Saturday Mario and I spent the afternoon in Bondi watching some important AFL match. We returned home, and I took a hot shower. I was standing at the sink washing off my eye makeup, when I reached down for the face towel. Thank god I looked at it before putting it to my face…because this is what I found on the towel:
OMFG. The horror. I don’t think I have full fledged arachnophobia, but seeing that thing might have turned me into one. As brutal as it seems, we had to kill it. There was no way to scoot it out of the apartment, and in Australia half the spiders are poisonous. We have screens in every single window of our apartment except one in the living room, where spider man must have crawled inside. That bastard had to make his way all the way through the living room, down the hall, into the bathroom, and onto my towel! Anyway, Mario unleashed his inner rage to take on the unwelcomed insect. It took a text book, a towel, and a broom to take Spidey out. I won't go into any more detail...RIP Spiderman.
.

Hope this weekend has more good meals and less oversized insects.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Unknown said...

can you send me a sass and bide dress? kthanks a bunch.

Mari said...

you are very cute, anna