Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Being on TV

Ok, so today I was asked to do a few intros and two interviews for FIB television (which will basically be accessed through the website when it goes live and eventually from its own tv channel). Sounds simple enough, right? Actually, I found it so difficult! I thought my main concern was what I would wear and applying enough bare minerals and eyeliner. Luckily, Margot was online so I was able to send her this photobooth pic of me and ask if I looked TV-ready. She approved of the look. Then my boss emails me a script of what I need to do and say- 25 min before he comes to get me! I really didnt connect with the way my boss scripted the bits either. So I get in front of the camera and I had to do LITERALLY 45 takes of each 5 sentence thing.

"Hi this is Anna with FIB. Alex Perry is one of the leading Australian fashion designers blah blah now come back stage with us at Rosemont Australian Fashion week to check out his Princess Safari collection."

Seems so simple! UGHGHG my days of being an "actress" and memorizing lines seem to be gone, does that mean I am getting older? I really hope I wont be taking Memory Zap like my mom used to (I think that is one of her secrets..she ordered them from like India).

I found the interview parts to be much easier- casual. It is the staring into the camera and remembering lines with a smile that was harder than I imagined.

Whatevs.

x

No comments: