Thursday, August 7, 2008

Without a shadow of a doubt, Nico


"Well no I didn't meet Nico- it was in 1987, Andy Warhol had recently died and I was bummed I would never get to meet him, and everyone at my high school knew how big a Edie, Andy, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Nico etc. fanatic I was, and my classmate Charlie (whose Dad was from Pittsburgh and knew the Warhols & was the only photographer allowed to photograph Andy's funeral) and his Dad traveled through Europe that summer and were on a train in Germany somewhere and somehow they realized Nico was in train car with them and struck up a convo about Warhol, since the Dad and she had both known him, and Charlie had her sign a pack of Czech cigarettes to me: "To Sarah, without the shadow of a doubt, Nico" which I still have and cherish to this day." - My sister, Sarah
Sarah in the 1990s..pale was in.

Nico's namesake- my German Shepherd, Nico:
(photography of david deutsch)

No comments: