Monday, August 4, 2008

Going to Ikea with your significant other and the aftermath...


So Mario and I went to IKEA this weekend in our rental car because I have been adamant about making the apartment "home-y." We bought things like throw pillows and new bedding (nothing too feminine) and little odds and ends. We had a few disagreements- he wants a MINIMALIST look, which literally means 3 pieces of furniture in the HUGE living room! I envision a cosy room with lots of seating- perfect for hosting little parties. We decided to stick to basics this time around (I guess that means he won). I bought a Hemnes 3 drawer dresser, which came in a heavy box with about 55 different parts. We both almost fainted while walking through the maze of show rooms and home ware only to get home and have to assemble the monstrosity. We let it sit for about 24 hours and then yesterday attempted putting it together. Now, I would have thought Mario would be very anal about this ordeal (he was complaining of back pain and tried to get me to call his friend to help), but he stepped up and we had it done in an hour using this IKEA illustration as our inspiration for teamwork! Now I finally have a place to put my crap, which benefits him as well considering it was everywhere...

TA-DA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dresser is gorgeous. Pity about the vacuum cleaner in the corner. Good buying skills!!
Trish. NZ.